ZEISS Polarised Lenses
Special sun solutions for increased visibility and more contrast.
When it comes to light reflections – especially from wet or shiny surfaces, these can significantly affect our visual performance. Your customers can miss out on seeing important visual detail and experience uncomfortable glare. With our polarised lenses, your customers can benefit from comfortable, clear vision.
Polarised lens solutions
Whether your customers are snow sports enthusiasts, water sports junkies, or they simply enjoy spending time outdoors – ZEISS lenses are a perfect fit. Our polarised sunglasses can significantly reduce reflections and perceived glare, to improve the entire visual experience.
- ZEISS Polarised Lenses
- ZEISS Polarised Skylet Lenses
Glare: The negative impact on your customers’ vision.
Glare reflected off transparent or wet surfaces is not only annoying and distracting – it can also affect vision.
- Natural light travels in all directions, so it’s described as “unpolarised”. When this light reflects off a surface, such as water or snow, the light rays can reflect off the surface in different "scattered" directions, resulting in perceived glare. Polarised lenses, however, ensure that only light rays that are travelling in one particular direction, usually horizontally, are able to pass through the lens.
- As a result, distracting reflections of scattered light are reduced by polarised lenses. It improves the overall perceived quality of vision.
Polarised sunglasses: Comfortable vision without distracting glare.
ZEISS Polarised Lenses consist of various special layers with horizontally aligned molecules to form a dense grid. This greatly reduces glare and allows the wearer to experience the full brilliance and vibrancy of colours in the world around us.
With the incorporation of ZEISS UVProtect Technology, ZEISS Polarised Lenses also offer full protection against potentially harmful UV light.
Polarised Skylet combines a polarisation filter with contrast enhancing Skylet® tinting (available in three options: Skylet® Fun, Skylet® Road and Skylet® Sport). These offer a unique visual experience in challenging light conditions.
Key benefits for wearer:
- Polarisation filter against irritating reflections.
- Complete protection from glare.
- Full UV protection.
- Light and comfortable to wear.
“ICNIRP Guidelines on limits of exposure to ultraviolet radiation of wavelengths between 180 nm and 400 nm (20 Incoherent Radiation)”.